A FEW BASICS TO START WITH
- start with feet one of your feet apart
- put tongue on upper pallate behind front teeth, month closed
(prevents biting your tongue, also connects energy channels)
- relax hands, but full of energy (not completly limp)
(helps for swimming in air -- if hands are stiff they will
cut through, but if relaxed they can push the air) shake out
hands and arms hard, then stop. should feel like this.
- back stays upright throughout exercises. face faces whichever direction is front from the body, eyes follow hand motion
- start facing north.
- knees slightly bent. sink and rise up with breath
- transfer weight. movement starts at the waist. pay attention to the hips.
- for further explanation of tai chi principles refer to a classic text, or ask a more advanced student.
the beginning section
© 1995-2008 wfdesign.com